An Update From Encino Smile Design
Dear Friends & Patients,
The world we live in is changing, and our office is changing, too. Today we wanted to tell you about how we’ve stepped up our protocol to keep you and our team safe, not just from Covid-19, but any pathogens.
Feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at (818) 986-8060.
Your Family’s Safety Comes First
Not only do we follow Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff, but we continuously have team meetings on improving guidelines set out by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). These include:
- Sterilizing high-traffic areas & touch points such as our lobby, countertops, door handles, bathroom, and pens every hour.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the check-in and reception area for your use. That said, we recommend thorough washing of your hands when possible.
- We have staggered appointments to minimize individuals in our office to help decrease person to person contact.
- We are wearing new, Nitrile or Latex powder free medical gloves while treating each patient. This also includes changing them multiple times throughout each visit to ensure no cross-contamination.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose, as well as face shields, and providing eye protection gear for both staff and patients.
- We wash our hands thoroughly with soap and hot water between every patient and then disinfect them with hand sanitizer.
- After each patient, we wipe down the treatment chair, the counter tops, and cabinets in every room with the highest-level medical grade disinfecting towelettes and spray designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- We use special barrier shields on top of any area where hands might be placed.
- All our instruments are first washed and cleaned. Then, they are placed in a professional medical UltraSonic machine, to further sterilize it. After, all instruments are placed in a specialized, SEALED bag, and heat sterilized.
- We use a specialized tool called an autoclave, that uses high heat and extreme pressure to kill even the most harmful and hardy pathogens, including spores. This machine is tested weekly for performance and efficiency.
- We have installed a medical-grade air scrubber to filter bacteria and viruses from the air.
We invite you to tour our Sterilization room and ask any questions to help better educate yourself, not only in how we ensure the highest levels of sterility, but so that you can also be aware of best practices for your home and family. That being said we cannot do this alone, and there are steps you can take before come to the office to make your experience safer.
What Steps Can You Take Before Your Visit?
- Please notify us immediately if you have a fever above 99 degrees, or if you have had one in the past 14 days
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments.
- Please limit any bags that you carry as they can carry and transmit disease
- Please advise us if you have traveled domestically or internationally within one week of your scheduled appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment.
- We are minimizing shaking hands or person to person interaction, with both staff and patients.
- As we are staggering appointments for your safety, please notify us 48 hours in advance if you can not keep the appointment, so others can get access to necessary care.
We will continue to monitor the American Dental Association’s and OSHA’s recommendations for dentists based on CDC guidelines. We know you have questions, and we’re here to answer them! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns at (818) 986-8060.
We look forward to serving you and your families!